Berlin

 Berlin

In Berlin, we were situated near Templehof airfield, where the Berlin airlift operated for fifteen months in the late 1940’s. For people who are not really sure what I am talking about, like I was before we came to Berlin, I will explain in my Sightseeing post.

This history (in my Sightseeing post) was the basis of our trip in Berlin and Germany. Also, Templehof field was where we were living next to. The first day we were there, Juli, Chris and I cycled through Templehof field. It was rich with history even though it didn’t display it. You could almost feel it. (Cliché 😬, I know) The old airport was being used as a convention centre, but it’s purpose was still being decided.






The next day, we took the subway to the start of the remaining piece of the Berlin Wall (see my Sightseeing post for more details). We then walked along the wall, stopping occasionally for snacks or photos. The Berlin Wall was an epic historical walk that I really enjoyed. I had a wonderful time diving into the history and imagining what it would’ve been like. We then visited Checkpoint Charlie which was one of the checkpoints that people could pass the border through. The history was rich and fulfilling and I really enjoyed the experience. 


On Friday, we went to the pool 🏊‍♀️ and there was a big waterslide. We played on that for ages, then we went home and had a Middle Eastern chicken salad meal with lots of hummus. The next day, I got the once in a lifetime experience of running in a Berlin German Parkrun. It was pretty cool, and I could understand most people because they spoke English. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts